My Recent Work
noun: the art or profession of visual communication that combines images, words, and ideas to convey information to an audience, especially to produce a specific effect.
IDENTITY / BRANDING
noun: the strategic goal for a brand used in all aspects of communication with your customers including literature, brochures, packaging and the product itself.
noun: a rendition (drawing, painting, photograph, etc) that is created to elucidate or dictate sensual information (such as a story, poem or newspaper article).
verb: manipulating the digital image or "air brushing" out imperfections to improve product photos so that they may be used in packaging, advertising, etc.
noun: (a.k.a. "eBlasts") attractive, professional-looking email communications to stay in regular touch with customers — more effective than regular email.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.— Scott Adams
Art is knowing which ones to keep.
I call myself a Graphic Designer first and foremost, yet I have skills and passions in many areas of computing, internet, programming, design, and troubleshooting. Okay, I lied a little. I'm not passionate about troubleshooting but I seem to have a mind that's tuned to that sort of thing.
My name is Lorna Yarberry and I'm a Graphic Designer, Web Designer/Programmer, and Freelance Illustrator. I began studying illustration in 2007 at Virginia Commonwealth University and started teaching myself web design in 2010. Since then, I have redesigned my current employer's entire website all on my lonesome (oh the joys of being the company's sole Graphic/Web Designer) and have been working as a freelance designer for local clients.
I was born in West Germany in 1989 and have lived in multiple countries and in more states than I'd really care to count. One of the best parts of my work is that no matter where life takes me, I will always be able to do what I love.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro (CS4)70%
- Adobe AfterEffects (CS4)50%
- Adobe DreamWeaver (CS3-6)100%
- Adobe Illustrator (CS3)40%
- Adobe InDesign (CS3-5.5)80%
- Adobe Media Encoder (CS3)80%
- Adobe Photoshop (CS3-6)100%
- Adobe PremierePro (CS4)70%
- Autodesk MAYA 3D30%
- Cinema 4D r1250%
- Microsoft Office Suite100%
- OS: Windows XP100%
- OS: Mac OS70%
- Velocity Micro, Inc.Graphic Designer & Web Programmer
As Velocity Micro's sole Graphic Designer and Web Designer, I am responsible for new product logos, product packaging design, photo retouching, web advertising, product promotional videos, email marketing, and 95% of Velocity Micro's website redesign and coding.
- LornaDigital.comFreelance Illustration, GRAPHIC & WEB Design
Self-employed freelancer for both private and commercial clients in the continental United States and abroad.
- Media GeneralGraphic Design Intern
Responsible for high-definition, television-ready graphics and animations for various news stations in the American Southeast. Successfully handled a constant flow of work orders from over twenty stations without sacrificing quality of product.
- Popidiocy.comAssistant Illustrator
Worked as an assistant to a freelance illustrator to create an exhibit for a children's museum in Louisiana and an educational comic for the Virginia Historical Society. Entrusted with completing and stream-lining supervisor's illustration as a result of my demonstrated ability to promptly resolve design and formatting issues to meet clients' standards and expectations.
- Brett's Comic PileVintage Comic Book Sales & Acquisition
- Virginia Commonwealth UniversityComputer Lab Technician
Education & Honors
- Web Marketing Association (WebAward.org)2012 WebAward Winner
For Outstanding Achievement in Web Development →
The Web Marketing Association (WMA) is an independent organization founded with the purpose of evaluating and recognizing the standard of excellence on the world wide web.
- Virginia Commonwealth UniversityCommunication Arts
- Cultura Wien Language InstituteB1 German Language Certification
Pick Your Poison
- Personal Emailyarberryln@gmail.com
- Work Emaillyarberry@velocitymicro.com
- Snail Mail205 W CLAY St. (Suite 2) Richmond, VA 23220
- mobile phone757.692.3477
Copyright © 2013 LornaDigital, All rights reserved. | email@example.com | 757.692.3477
All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby recognized.